Today’s book suggestion is “In the Dark”. It’s very common for children to develop a fear of the dark. As parents, it is important for us to help children cope with this fear by validating those feelings and helping them navigate through those emotions.
The Berenstain Bears is a children’s literature franchise created by Stan and Jan Berenstain in 1962.. The books feature a family of grizzly bears who generally learn a moral or safety-related lesson in the course of each story. Story themes such as staying away from strangers, the importance of telling the truth, using your manners, eating healthy, caring about your belongings, doing your chores and life balance are important lesson for children’s emotional, intellectual and social development.
- Let child pick out a “magical” spray bottle.
- Fill bottle with water.
- Add essential oil (Optional)
- Shake well.
- Spray in corners, under beds, in closets, etc.
- Child may chant “monsters, monsters, stay away” or any other powerful words.
- Shake before each use to make the magic strong.
At Dunebrook we invite parents to be the best parents possible. In the spirit of trust, kindness and experience, we can be there with them and support them, and their children and entire family.
We’re just a phone call away! 1-800-897-0007
Public Education and Our Community:
The key to keeping children safe is prevention education. According to the Child Molestation Research & Prevention Institute, 95% of child maltreatment is preventable through education.
Sounds good…what do I do next:
- Call or email Sara Hoyt at 874-0007, email@example.com receive specific information about our sexual abuse prevention trainings and parenting support groups.
Our prevention trainings and support groups are free and serve a variety of different settings. We’ve been funded for over 30 years by the generosity of community grants, fundraising support and some federal program funding.