Nurturing Parenting Program Facilitator Training presented by Beni Miller
October 24-26, 2018
Located at Dunebrook, Inc
(7451 W Johnson Rd, Michigan City, Indiana)
8:30 am – 4:30 pm Central time each day
Presented by Beni Miller, National Trainer
Cost: $300 Make Checks Payable to Beni Miller
(Lunch is on your own. Many dining opportunities nearby.) Registration Deadline: October 19, 2018. Call Beni for availability after deadline 219/210-8732.
- Confirmation will be sent via email.
- No refunds for cancellations after October 19, 2018
- Paid registrations may be transferred to future NPP trainings provided by Beni Miller.
Click here for the brochure and registration form.
MAIL REGISTRATION FORM and PAYMENT to:
1755 Lawndale Dr.
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Questions? Tel. 219/210-8732
Learn the philosophy, skills and strategies of the evidence-based Nurturing Parenting® Program and how to successfully implement and facilitate home and group-based Nurturing Parenting® programs.
This training is a hands-on approach to conducting home and group-based Nurturing Parenting® programs that includes using program materials with diverse and multi-cultural populations.
You will learn how to:
- Design and implement home and group- based parenting programs
- Gather data and measure outcomes using the Adult-Adolescent Parenting Inventory and Nurturing Skills Competency Scale
- Utilize icebreakers, activities, personal growth lessons, home practice assignments and dialogue
- Enhance communication, rapport-building and facilitator skills
- Help parents and families explore empathy and understand personal power, positive discipline techniques, self-esteem, emotional regulation and stress management and self-concept
Beni joined Dunebrook in 2010, working with high risk families to strengthen their parenting knowledge and skills. She has been a Nurturing Parenting Program Facilitator since 2012, and was trained by Dr. Stephen Bavolek, Ph.D., creator of the Nurturing Parenting® Program. In 2015, Beni became a National Trainer, and works primarily with families referred by the Indiana Department of Child Services. Beni has helped parents in both group and home-based models succeed in completing the Nurturing program. Beni’s unique experience in improvisation groups and stand-up comedy helps her to use humor as a bridge in working with parents, children and families across all cultures and socioeconomic groups. Beni earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Psychology at Purdue University. She has gained additional training in strengths-based approaches, serving families with addictions, engaging fathers, motivational interviewing and cultural sensitivity.
*The main entrance for Dunebrook is located in the back of the building (not facing Johnson Rd). Go in the door closest to the playground.