In case you missed our Livestream with Jeanne Ann and Lisa on Sept. 1, here is a snapshot: • Jeanne Ann shared 9 Tips for Parents for Back to School:
1. Do a weekly assessment of what went well and what did not.
2. Talk over the school plan with your child and what changes to expect.
3. Review mask-wearing. Consider keeping an extra mask in the backpack. Masks should be washed and dried every night.
4. Show your child what 6 ft. social distancing means. Reinforce handwashing and not touching face.
5. Determine what is needed for school, such as headphones.
6. Be patient with your child’s teacher. Communicate with the teacher by email if things are not working.
7. Find creative ways to socialize, including bike rides, walks and simply being outside.
8. Rethink extra-curricular activities. Consider running groups and online activity groups. Check out Dunebrook’s All Fun & Books on Facebook for weekly ideas of children’s activities.
9. Practice kindness. Be patient and remember that the pandemic is tough for everyone in the community. Remember to support teachers, aides and administration. Send a note of thanks, and ask what they need.
• Remember self-care. o That can be as simple as sitting alone in your bedroom. Discover what you need. Be careful not to overbook yourself.
Some of these tips are just common sense, but we added to them on our livestream today.
Here is the article: https://www.realsimple.com/work-life/family/kids-parenting/sending-kids-back-to-school-tips-coronavirus?utm_source=emailshare&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email-share-article&utm_content=20200901
Our Website: http://dunebrook.org/